Top Five Things To Know
When Buying A Franchise
TORONTO, Ontario, February 24, 2016 – The thought of buying a franchise and shelling out tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of dollars can be a daunting one.
Before signing your name on the dotted line, it is important to consider the advantages of becoming a franchisee.
- A Proven Business Model: An effective business model is the line between success and failure. In choosing a franchise, you are joining an established system that provides a clear framework for economic success. In addition, the franchisor is required to disclose prospective franchisees with valuable information on their company’s history. These disclosure documents provide future franchisees with the opportunity to verify the results when making a decision.
- Brand Awareness: Most franchised businesses will have a clear brand established that is recognizable at regional and national levels. In becoming a franchisee, you have the luxury of becoming a part of a reputation, instead of having to develop one from the ground up.
- Training: Franchisors typically provide training to ensure that the company is being run at peak efficiency and that franchisees understand all aspects of their newly acquired business. This training limits, if not, eliminates the trial-and-error period most new business owner’s experience.
- Marketing: Proven strategies and tools will be given to the franchisee so they can gain the highest return possible on their investment. Franchisors will have specific vendors and budgets for marketing that will be passed on to you, making your foray into your chosen industry seamless.
- Risk Avoidance: One of the biggest advantages of purchasing a franchise is avoiding the cost-related risks that come with starting a business. You are able to purchase the exclusive rights to a territory and will not have to worry about making costly mistakes that could jeopardize your business.
President and founder of JustJunk.com, Michael Thorne, considered all of these factors when he decided to take his highly successful junk removal company and offer the exclusive territory rights to hardworking individuals.
“Franchising is the ultimate partnership. The franchisor and the franchisee rely on one another for their mutual success. The combined efforts of both parties strengthens the success rate of the franchise,” Mike Thorne, President of JustJunk.com.
JustJunk.com removes junk and unwanted materials/items from residential and commercial properties including furniture, appliances, garden refuse and construction and demolition debris. The pricing rates include all labour, loading of the materials from anywhere on the property, clean up and all disposal or recycling fees. Customers are provided with an up-front, written estimate before any work begins. For more information on the locations that Just Junk services, please visit
by Ken Rowley